- Optimise the in-vehicle emergency call (eCall) via an intelligent in-vehicle trigger system
- Optimise the eCall service chain by ensuring that in-vehicle data reaches emergency control centres quickly and is then where possible, transmitted to emergency vehicles
- To provide a “blue corridor” system through vehicle-to-vehicle communication to notify road users of the approach of an emergency vehicle
- Improve the safety of the incident scene with a “virtual coning” system that transmits warnings about the incident to approaching road users
- Enable remote reporting and the transfer of relevant data to hospitals and other third parties, before the emergency vehicle leaves the scene
ShadowFocus Consultancy acted as the project manager for the UK pilot site for this research project, bringing together the emergency services, research and industry.